Innovation District 92 hosted the National Finals of Pakistan and 3 Top Startups Advance to Next Round – Will Compete for Slot in Top 100 at EWC Global Finals in October
Startup Tez Financial Services got 1st position in EWC competition. Tez Financial Services is fully digital neo-bank providing financial access to the unbanked and under-banked in Pakistan. Tez offers credit, savings, insurance and investments via a single platform – a data-driven smartphone application combining the synergies of strategic partnerships. Tez, as the name implies in Urdu, provides Fast and Smart financial services in a convenient, transparent and safe manner.
1st Runner up of this competition – mimAR is a service-based product that aids Real Estate Marketing industry using AR and VR for the visualization of to-be constructed buildings.
2nd Runner up of this competition APRUS Technologies are the designers and manufacturers of innovative, high-tech and affordable intensive health tech products. Their energy platform for electrosurgery is the safest in the world with a patentable technology.
In preparation for the EWC Global Finals, Naureen Hayat founder of TEZ Financial Services, Muhammad Naqi Ejaz founder of mimAR and Hira Irshad founder of APRUS Technologies will participate in an acceleration program which features virtual training and one-to-one mentoring targeted to their company’s current stage and growth trajectory.
These 3 startups emerged victorious from a pool of 1500+ contestants who applied – each receiving access to free virtual training services and up to $25,000 in perks to help them take their venture to the next level.
Other finalists at EWC Pakistan included:
- YPay: YPay is a fintech startup aiming to provide Asset Management Services accessible for the young student population of Pakistan though a simplified investing and savings platform. Acting as an intermediary, YPay aims to bridge the gap between AMCs and millennials looking to earn returns through investing their savings.
- One Earth Toys manufacture high quality handmade toys and children products that are non-toxic and environmental friendly so that children can use them in a carefree way.
- Zillions E learning: Zillion eLearning designs, develops and markets instructional products and services for the corporate, education, government and healthcare eLearning industries. It is committed to high quality instructional design and educational new media development and provides a core deliverable of programs, courses and learning objects for the distance & distributed learning & eLearning markets.
- iSmart Films: iSmartfilms, Asia’s first & World’s ninth smartphone film making company was created in 2015 with the goal to discover, encourage and accompany the talents of the world to share the stories they have captured on mobile devices and to provide smartphone filmmakers with a platform to exhibit these stories to a wider audience.
- Waste Hunters: The Business idea of waste hunters is used for Municipal solid waste collection and management and the system adopted for it is called waste to point system in which Municipal solid waste is collected from door to door using waste collecting vehicles and the waste will be is segregated form already segregated by households in given biodegradable shoppers. The points are rewarded to household on basis of quantity, quality and extent of segregation through an android / IOS application.
Judges for the competition were:
- Muhammad Azam Roomi, Professor, Angel Investor & Global Influencer, Prince Muhammad Bin Salman College Saudi Arabia
- Qaisar Ansari, CEO Astro Power
More than 150,000 contestants from 200 countries entered the Entrepreneurship World Cup. The initiative combines a broad-reaching pitch competition, aimed at ventures ranging from idea stage to growth stage, with a virtual accelerator program to help all participants launch, strengthen and scale their enterprises. Global Finalists will face off against one another at the Misk Global Forum in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in October.
EWC is an initiative led by the Misk Global Forum, Global Entrepreneurship Network and the Global Education and Leadership Foundation with support from a collection of national and global partners, including the GSVlabs and Entrepreneurs’ Organization.